Monday, October 24, 2011

The Cross Wall



I have a few projects I'm working on and can't wait to share them with you, but in the meantime I thought I'd show you my cross wall! I did this back in the spring and just love how it turned out! It was fairly easy too. It all started with the center cross I got from a Southern Living party (now Willow House). It matches a few pieces in my entryway and dining room so I thought it was perfect! And I've always liked cross decorations in people's homes I've seen. I actually thought I had come up with this idea all by myself, but then I remembered my sister-in-law has a cross wall in her house too!! So I must have had that in the back of my mind. Hers is really neat...all the crosses are made of the same material and are the same color, but different sizes. She said they came in a kit. Wish I could find me one of those! But this way was not much more difficult. Hobby Lobby has a whole aisle of crosses!! So after perusing that section on several trips I had a nice little collection. Oh and of course I got them during their 50% off sales! I had my Southern Living cross on the wall by itself for a long time and then I picked up these two crosses and added from there!



Not a great picture, but you get the idea. And it helps you see that this is a small wall and it fits nicely here. I started with a green and red cross (I picked up the colors in the original cross). And then I picked out other smaller ones that I liked and that were different to give it some contrast. Once I had them all I was ready to hang them up! But it was a little tricky so I laid them out on the floor to get an idea of where I wanted each one to go. I had it perfectly arranged, but was a little confused on how I was going to keep them perfectly arranged from the floor to the wall. And then my smarty pants husband suggested I take a picture! Genius! So that really helped...I referred to my camera as I was hanging them up:-)

1 comment:

  1. I love the crosses!! They are so cute! I got a metal one for a wedding present and I recently purchased another one! Oh, how I can not wait to have a house to decorate!! :)
    BTW....My blog has been updated!

    ReplyDelete