Friday, November 18, 2011

Candle Coozies!



Here is a quick and easy way to spruce up your candles! I loved this project particularly because it was quick, easy, and free! I'm not exactly sure how I came up with it...maybe it was all those times walking past the candles thinking "they're cute, but could I add a little something to them?", or my recent obsession with burlap, or was it that vase I saw in passing on pinterest that was decorated all cute with some burlap tied around it?? Not sure, but here it is!

This project was free because I had the burlap, ribbons, and buttons on hand. I knew saving ribbon scraps and extra buttons that come on clothing would come in handy one day!

It was so easy there's really no need for a tutorial; here's what I did:

-Cut the burlap width by judging how much candle would show and the length by wrapping it around the candle
-Cut the ribbon the same length
-Hot glued burlap ends together
-Hot glued ribbon ends together
-Hot glued button centered on front

Here's a picture so you can see all the gluing going on in the back:



And here's a close-up of each one...you're probably wondering why they are different? Well I couldn't make up my mind which way I liked more! So I did one with the extra green shimmery ribbon and one without. When I ask my husband if he likes something he often says "let it play". Not sure if that's his way of minimizing the conversation of the topic (lol) or whatever, but it has actually been pretty good advice! If I'm not sure if I like something somewhere I just "let it play" for a few days and it really helps me make up my mind. So...not that this is a life changing decision or anything, but I like them both ways so I'm going to let them play for a little while:-)



Here's a good side-by-side shot for comparison. I like the simplicity of the one on the left, but I like the way the green shimmery ribbon creates an outline for the thinner ribbon of the one on the right.



I didn't set out to make candle coozies, but that's kind of what they are! I wrapped them pretty tight when gluing them, but they still slide off the candle pretty easily. I guess it's a good thing in case I don't like them anymore or want to change them out to another candle!



What do you think of the candle coozies? Which do you like better out of the two? Are you thinking about making some for those naked candles in your home??:-)

4 comments:

  1. My candles must be so chilly without candle coozies to warm them up! I like the one with the extra green better. It gives a little extra pop! My eye kept getting drawn to that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Liz! You better make you some for those chilly candles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very pretty! Enjoying your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lindsey! I hope you will visit often:-)

    ReplyDelete