Monday, August 15, 2011

Pet Candles

I was going to title this post "Pinterest Challenge", but quite frankly this was not challenging at all. It was pretty darn easy, actually! I recently redid my mantel and while doing so I bought a few too many candles...oops! It took me a while to find the perfect ones (and get this - they were in my house all along!). But since the candles I bought were so cheap I decided it wasn't worth taking them back. The other thing you need to know about is my birdcage. I've had it for a while and it sits on top of my armoire. I've always loved it as is, but lately I've been wondering if there was more I could do with it? Put something in it? Decorative balls? But I thought it was probably too big for that (and I have a smaller birdcage in my living room with decorative balls so I wanted to do something different). When I saw this picture on Pinterest I fell in love!



What a great idea! And so simple. So here is my more interesting birdcage:



What do you think? I love the different sized candles and how they are all in the white/cream family, but each one a slightly different color. Oh and when I showed my husband he said something along the lines of "Great, now we have pet candles". Lol. I think he secretly loves it!

3 comments:

  1. Lol I was wondering where the title of this post came from! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, i have enjoyed keeping up with your blog and i have learned a lot! You have inspired me to pot some plants for fall. I hope my thumb is green and not black! I liked your quilt too, keep up the good work. Looking forward to more crafty blogs!

    ReplyDelete