Friday, August 12, 2011

Why did I start this blog?

Great question! I have so many answers.

Craft Blogs

Well, first of all my amazing sister, Alex, introduced me to craft blogs. And she encouraged me to start my own! I have been following a few of them for the last couple months and have been getting inspired and have seen so many great ideas!

Now and Then

I've been staying at home with my little girl for going on 4 months now. When my husband and I first bought our house I was so inspired to decorate! And I did a few things, but come on a house is expensive! And I was working full-time so I didn't have time or motivation to bargain shop, craft, and create. So I guess I kind of lost my inspiration lacking a budget and time to back it up. Now that I'm at home I feel like it's opened up my eyes to a whole new Susie homemaker world! First and foremost my focus is my daughter. After that I'm bursting with ideas to make my house into a home. So this blog is my outlet for all of that. I also owe my awesome sister-in-law, Robin, for my re-inspiration. Her home is beautiful and I love everything in it. She has shown me some great bargain finding spots and has given me lots of helpful tips.

My Biz

Before I left my job I started my own business on Etsy. In my shop I sold paintings and bow holders and had plans for much more. My Etsy shop is not history just yet, but it's definitely on hold. My initial reason for the break was to allow myself to ease into my new role as a stay at home mommy and to learn new skills so that I could eventually expand my business. I still have a dream of having my own business one day, but I would say that's not where my heart's at right now. I have so much I want to do for the house and myself that I don't want to spend what little spare time I do have on the Etsy shop.

Other

There are some other random reasons I think this blog is great idea. For example, to keep track of what I've done. I have so many ideas for the house I thought I should start a blog now and see the progress along the way! I often overwhelm myself with "To-Do" list and feel like I can never catch up. This will be a way for me to look back at my accomplishments and feel good about what I have achieved. I also want to share my ideas with others. I mean that's how I found out about doing this anyways - looking at other craft blogs. Share the love! And on the flip side, I would love feedback. What you like, what you don't like. Suggestions and information! Oh the many possibilities of the Internet! I wanted to call this blog "Finding my Niche" (but it was taken) because I know I love crafty, creative things but I want to see what I'm capable of and see where it takes me.



1 comment:

  1. I love your reasons for starting the blog! You are so talented and I love that you are sharing your creativity! This is a great chance for people to see your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete