Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sewing

One reason I picked the name Momma Sew Crafty for my blog title is because I'm learning to sew!



My wonderful hubby gave me a very nice sewing and embroidery machine for Christmas! My gift in return is to use it;-) I have slowly, but surely been taking classes and doing projects to help develop and strengthen my skills. I would definitely consider myself a beginner. My experience consists of some hand sewing when I was little and watching my Grandma sew while growing up. She is truly an artist and makes the most amazing, intricate quilts. Let's hope I have some of that sewing talent in my blood. My focus right now as far as sewing goes is curtains. For starters, I need some in my home! And I love that I can have the fabrics, colors, and patterns I choose! I'm also interested in making pillows, table runners, hand towels, and much more! Sew...I hope I live up to the name!


1 comment:

  1. I love the bird cage with candles and your red picture frame that ties your other red through out the house together. Love seeing your good decorating ideas. Can't wait to see the dining curtains you're making! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete